Friday 3 May 2013


Hunger Games: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
This book has to be my favourite book of all time (so far). The book was incredibly well written and was a good follow up to the previous book in the trilogy (The Hunger Games) Suzanne Collins did very well to create imagery and not only make you feel as though you were in the book by describing every single detail perfectly, bringing out emotions and telling you exactly what Katniss (the main character) was experiencing, feeling and thinking. I really felt for characters in the book and I even cried at certain points in the book! I was so eager to read this book after reading the previous one and seeing the movie and could not put it down. There were even nights were I would read from 9pm to 2 in the morning and it only took me 3 days to read, not because I was reading through the book quickly but because I simply couldn't put it down.
The book ends with a fustrating clffhanger which left me so on edge I had to go out and buy Mockingjay as soon as possible. I really like the changes in Katniss, Gale and Peeta throughout the three books and I think that Collins is such an amazing author.
I can't wait to see how this book is potrayed on the big screen but if its anything like The Hunger Games, then it will live up to the books high standards :) Too bad there isn't another book (which is what I so desperately need!) I reccommend this bok highly to anyone who has not yet considered reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment